This web page represents a legal document that serves as our Terms of Service and it governs the legal terms of our website, Thiv (thiv.net), sub-domains, and any associated web-based and mobile applications (collectively, "Website"), as owned and operated by Thiv.
DefinitionsThe terms "us" or "we" or "our" refers to Thiv, the owner of the Website.
A "Visitor" is someone who merely browses our Website, but has not registered as Member.
A "Member" is an individual that has registered with us to use our Service.
Our "Service" represents the collective functionality and features as offered through our Website to our Members.
A "User" is a collective identifier that refers to either a Visitor or a Member.
All text, information, graphics, audio, video, and data offered through our Website are collectively known as our "Content".
TermsBy accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to use any data found on Thiv's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. As for sites that Thiv link to (e.g. Results),
you must abide by their terms. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Thiv's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Thiv at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Thiv's web site are provided "as is". Thiv makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Thiv does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
LimitationsIn no event shall Thiv or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Thiv's Internet site, even if Thiv or a Thiv authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and ErrataThe materials appearing on Thiv's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Thiv does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Thiv may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Thiv does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
LinksThiv has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Thiv of the site. Thiv has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third party websites; as such, you access any such third party websites at your own risk.
Governing LawAny claim relating to Thiv's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Intellectual PropertyOur Website may contain our service marks or trademarks as well as those of our affiliates or other companies, in the form of words, graphics, and logos. Your use of our Website does not constitute any right or license for you to use such service marks/trademarks, without the prior written permission of the corresponding service mark/trademark owner. Our Website is also protected under international copyright laws. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any portion of our Website is strictly prohibited. Your use of our Website does not grant you ownership rights of any kind in our Website.
General TermsOur Legal Terms shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Western Australia, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia, without regard to conflict of law principles. In addition, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any cause of action by you with respect to our Website, must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. Should any part of our Legal Terms be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that any Content in our Website conflicts or is inconsistent with our Legal Terms, our Legal Terms shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of our Legal Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. The rights of Thiv under our Legal Terms shall survive the termination of our Legal Terms.
Contacting usIf you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can:
Directly email us at: email@example.com or go to our contact form here
This document was last updated on April 14, 2013